Friday, June 24, 2011

New Amsterdam Market

Hey!

I'm currently blogging in Starbucks with (what has become a weekly habit) a Lite Mocha Cocnut Frappucino, however this time I got it with soymilk to mix it up and couldn't taste it at all!  Score!

Unfortunately the "New Amsterdam Market" is not on Amsterdam - that would be really convenient --  yet bad for my wallet!


The market takes place at the South Street Seaport in Manhattan every Sunday during the Summer form 11am -4pm.  

When we arrived at the market I immediately noticed the Green Mountain Coffee tent set up giving free samples of their pod coffee for the Keurig coffeemaker.  I LOVE free food/drinks!














The market was a little hidden in all of the hustle and bustle of the weekend - but we eventually found it!  On the way we ran into Chris Paul!  Kendall could obviously play for the NBA if she wanted to :)


This was my kind of market, light on the fruits and veggies and heavy on the unique hand-crafted foods!

We of course got Kombucha Brooklyn on tap -- in the seasonal cherry flavor!  I love their Kombucha because it is sweet and not vinegary!



I also purchased some unique Finnish rye bread, raw cheddar cheese (Kinsman from Cellars at Jasper Hill), a cucumber, and gourmet bean burgers from Vermont Bean Crafters.  


I turned my ingredients into a yummy open faced sandwich for dinner -- this was copied from the samples that the rye bread man were handing out :)



I would definitely recommend a trip to the New Amsterdam Market for any foodie who lives or is travelling to the NYC area.  It was a wonderful afternoon -- next time I will make sure to get lunch from one of the stands!  

P.S. They also had Blue Bottle coffee from SF!  Which is one of my fav coffee places ever!  

Love, Allison 








1 comment:

  1. Wow! Kendall really could have played for the NBA!!! And that sandwich looks SO good! What a fun time at the Market!

    ReplyDelete