Monday, August 22, 2011

I Love Bloggers

I have been lucky enough in my life to find two social groups that I completely fit in with:  Occupational Therapists and Healthy Living Bloggers.

Kath, Ashley, and I 

This weekend I got to the chance to meet alot of the bloggers that I follow on a daily basis at the 2011 Healthy Living Summit - it was so nice to find out that they are exactly like how they portray themselves on their blogs.  I also got to meet a whole bunch of new bloggers and can not wait to start visiting their blogs regularly!

Here are some of the highlights:

1)  Healthy Living Bloggers love to get up early and go running!  I ran with the 6 am crowd and competed a new PDR: 4.4 miles!  Thanks to Stephanie at Food and Fitness 4 Real  for keeping me at a good pace and not letting me stop!

Stephanie and Me 


 2)  All of the great tasting and healthy food!  I was extremely impressed by the Great Harvest bread on the sandwiches and don't know if I can go back to my Orowheat sandwich break again!  When we move back to CA - the closest Great Harvest will be in Pasadena - so it will have to be a once in a while treat!


3)  My sister came to sight see on Sunday.  I owe her for listening to me talk about blogging related things the entire time!  Here she is with a vegan Philly cheese steak - yes it had neither steak nor cheese, but was pretty darn tasty!

 4)  Experiencing all of Philadelphia's wonderful sites - including the "Rocky Steps" (actually the Philly art museum) and the LOVE sign!  I loved all of the historical sites as well such as the Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall.


5) Meeting all the bloggers I follow - such as Tina from Carrots n Cake !  I also had a blast getting pumpkin beer and gelato with Kath from Kath Eats Real Food, Ashley from Healthy Happier Bear, and Meghann from Meals and Miles 


This was a weekend I will never forget!  It has inspired me to become more active in this wonderful community of bloggers and to blog MORE!  You don't know how many times I write posts in my head but either don't have the pictures taken or become too busy to actually sit down and write!  I hope to change that!  Look for my posts in about a week regarding our cross-country driving adventure!

Love, Allison


6 comments: